2.2

I purchased a new ROKU for my 2nd television--and when I went to activate it was told I HAD TO GIVE IT a CREDIT CARD!

What? In this day and age of stealing people's information they FORCE you to give a credit card on a "free" service?

WHAT???

After being on hold for 15 minutes I got someone in INDIA!! The call center was so loud I could barely hear her. It was ridiculous. They finally gave me a URL where I could set it up w/o giving my credit card info.

But WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Force your customers through that HASSLE???

Are they trying to force us into Apple or some other device?

WATCH OUR FOR ROKU!!! They're turning SLIMEY!!! (And never EVER give them your credit card number!)

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Had an Experience with Roku?

Comments

sstack
Phoenix, Arizona, United States #942804

They need to have your card on file in case you want to subscribe to a paid channel. I had to give them mine even though I told them I would never want anything extra that I had to pay for as there was more than enough free shows and channels.