5.4K views

I never complain on websites like these but I am FURIOUS at the moment!!! Bought a Roku Streaming Stick Plus, but everything on Roku said cannot commect due to HDCP!

WTF?! My tv is brand new. I spent hours unplugging and restarting the crap. Then sat on the phone with their “customer service” which is obviously some idiot in a foreign country who was raised by a mountain goat.

I got so frustrated I returned it and bought the downgraded version assuming the issue might be my tv. I downgraded to the regular hd Roku Streaming Stick... SAME PROBLEM!!! Actually worse because install took forever, had to reset the device multiple times...

STILL DOESN’T WORK. I have a masters degree in computer sciences... IF I CAN’T GET THIS TO WORK THERE IS A PROBLEM. DO NOT BUY ROKU!!!!

I REPEAT DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS HORRIBLE CRAP. BAD PRODUCT, BUGGY SOFTWARE, USELESS CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Roku Streaming Stick.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

I agree. *** junk.

*** them and their copyright *** I am not recording this *** quality content they are providing in the first place. I did everything from every forum I read, New high quality HDMI cables, different port, unplug, restart, blah blah blah.

Something is conflicting with my pc video card and vizio tv. (pc, roku and ps4 all connected)

#1901908
@PissedConsumer1874450

It does suck. Nothing is LIVE TV.

It's BS. Going to cancel this crap

Totally agree. Piece of crap

Do not buy Roku express, it does not work. Support is garbage.

Agreed!!!It SUCKS!!

I agree!!! Don’t buy!!!

I have Roku Express. It worked fine for about a month.

Now all of a sudden it wont connect to wifi. Its also saying insufficient power as if it hasnt always been plugged into a wall outlet. & You Can Not reach a human being via customer support.

*** Roku!! Dont buy thier products Or you will regret it.

@PissedConsumer1815892

Agreed:(

I totally agree I’ve had a Roku TV for years and then about a week ago they just stopped Working and their support is a big joke

Wow...Rocky is junk. All I get is buffering message and crap reception. Going back to Hulu on Firestick

YEAH DUDE THEZE DAMN ROKU BOXES FREQUENCY SUCK *** BIG TIME!!.THEY TAKE FOREVER TO LOAD SIGNAL ON LIVE STREAMZ. AND ALSO THEY CONSTANTLY BUFFER LIKE *** MY INTERNET IS TOP OF DA LINE CABLE BROADBAND SPEEDS.

AND THEZE BITCHEZ BUFFER ON EVERY PROGRAM!!.

AMAZON FIRE BOX ROCKZ!!.ROKU DIE DIE DIE!! - YAH YAH YAH

Roku is China made trash, *** roku. Stupid thing never connects and always freezes and the picture always goes blurry in and out.

*** is annoying. America quit buying *** from China.

#1951178
@PissedConsumer1806418

Yeah really they probably smoke bath salts when they make their garbage lmao

Bought a Roku streaming stick Nov. 28, and it terminally froze on Jan.

11. Sucks.

The worst!!!

@PissedConsumer1790052

Roku sucks and customer service is awful. They rip you off with 7 day trials!

I hate HBO and Cinemax.

They both shared me $27! So much for saving money!!

Same experience with a new Roku. My old Roku worked great, but Netflix would no longer support it as of 12/1/19.

"Upgraded" to a new Roku and...very, very long aggravating story later, the POS doesn't work. Next question...what streaming device will?

Tell me about it ,I called customer service I was 21 in line with to 20 then 19 and back to 21 WTF ,these company start out great then get to big and end up being a bunch of *** ,I sent mine back it would not allow me to reset my email ,said nothing about my tv I have a 4K tv with everything .ROKU you will lose so much business due to having the most stupid customer service, plus not allowing someone like me to have your service because I downloaded the app. But could not use the black box from Roku .it wanted me to use a different email. My life does not need more emails ,so the *** with you .

I have 2 Roku sticks been having for almost a year now one I haven’t used since May 25,2019 an I’m trying to connect it to my WiFi but it’s not working it’s not damaged it’s been stored away in the top of my closet an everything that supposed to be showing up on my tv is showing up but it keep saying make sure all plus are connected correctly which they are I have the roku plus an the regular roku an the roku plus is giving me problems I even have a warranty on it I tried calling customer service to help fix the problem but their phone line does not connect you to a real person

correct