5.4K views

I never complain on websites like these but I am FURIOUS at the moment!!! Bought a Roku Streaming Stick Plus, but everything on Roku said cannot commect due to HDCP!

WTF?! My tv is brand new. I spent hours unplugging and restarting the crap. Then sat on the phone with their “customer service” which is obviously some idiot in a foreign country who was raised by a mountain goat.

I got so frustrated I returned it and bought the downgraded version assuming the issue might be my tv. I downgraded to the regular hd Roku Streaming Stick... SAME PROBLEM!!! Actually worse because install took forever, had to reset the device multiple times...

STILL DOESN’T WORK. I have a masters degree in computer sciences... IF I CAN’T GET THIS TO WORK THERE IS A PROBLEM. DO NOT BUY ROKU!!!!

I REPEAT DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS HORRIBLE CRAP. BAD PRODUCT, BUGGY SOFTWARE, USELESS CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Roku Streaming Stick.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

#1980734

Roku is an exceptionally dishonest & disreputable company. They don't care about their customers.

They push out untested software updates, and treat bug reports casually (as if affected customers are making suggestions). The company seems to have no integrity. They blame the tv makers -- while pushing out a buggy update for MONTHS. Roku doesn't let customers test updates.

Nor does it let customers opt out of an update (and stay with the software version that worked for them).

This is really the kind of thing you wouldn't believe unless you saw it for yourself. It all boils down to integrity (a lack of).

#1977489

Wear out batteries in vain attempt to find something decent to watch, better off just searching youtube.

#1982646
@PissedConsumer1977489

Unless YouTube doesn't work, which it doesn't.

#1974557

BOUGHT A TLC ROKU TV LAST SUMMER.THE TLC END IS OK BUT THE ROKU PART SUCKS. FIRST WE HAVE A REMOTE WITH NO NUMERICAL KEY PAD SO TO GO THRU THE CHANNELS YOU GO CLICK CLICK CLICK ON THE UP OR DOWN BUTTON TO GO THRU THE CHANNELS.

NO JUST HOLDING THE BUTTON DOWN TO SCAN FASTER JUST CLICK CLICK CLICK I CANT SEE THIS REMOTE LASTING VERY LONG AND THE APP FOR YOUR PHONE IS NO BETTER.. NEXT WE HAVE THE 4 LARGE BUTTONS ON THE REMOTE FOR HULU,ROKU ETC.. THESE WERE USED 1 TIME SO I COULD SEE I WANTED NOTHING TO DO WITH THESE PAY TO WATCH FEATURES.. NEXT IS THE TV ITS SELF AND THE CONSTANT UPDATES FROM ROKU TRYING TO MAKE THIS POS BETTER BUT LIKE WINDOWS 10 IT ONLY SEEMS TO GET WORSE AS THE UPDATES CONTINUE ON.

I HAD TO PLACE A STICKER OVER THE BLINDING STAND BY/POWER LIGHT THAT COMES ON IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT AND WAKES YOU UP WITH ITS BRIGHTNES.. AND WHILE WE ARE ON THE SUBJECT OF BRIGHTNESS YOU CAN ONLY SET THE BRIGHTNESS TO A CERTIAN LEVEL .. NO TURNING IT AS LOW AS YOU WANT.. AND AS TO THE 1000 CHANNELS OF SHLT YOU GAVE ME WITH THE LAST UPDATE..IT WILL NEVER BE WATCHED AS LONG AS IT WILL TAKE ME ALL DAY TO GET TO THE CHANNEL I WANT TO SEE WITH THIS *** REMOTE.

I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING ROKU AGAIN.. ROKU WAS A GREAT IDEA BUT ITS CREATORS WENT FRANKENSTINE ON US WITH IT.

#1973039

You are spot on. Support is pretty much nonexistent other than via Roku community; however, ongoing issues reported in the community section for over eleven months still haven't been addressed by Roku.

Same issues have been reported repeatedly without any response whatsoever from Roku. Live support is pretty much nonexistent except at purchase time.

#1966650

I agree, their quality has gone down. I have a older Roku, works great.

I upgraded to the ultra to get the new features, what a mistake. Ultra has issues. I warrantied mine and the second unit, although better, still has the same issue dropping the signal for a few seconds, several times an hour.

Old Roku was handed down but still works great. Looking for another solution, tired of restarting my Roku every time I use it.

#1962242

New 2020 Roku ultra cant login Pandora on the pandora ((website)) but i can on the Roku. Using same credentials on both.

Talk about a freckin mess.

. They have no clue what is going wrong.

#1961232

*** company. Don’t even know if they have customer service.

#1961231

Ditto.

#1958323

Was your issue resolved?

#1956900

He is RIGHT, what he failed to mention is the 3-6 x advertising, even though your paying a cable bill for the channels. every 3-7 minutes 2-6 advertisements show up.

? Appx 2-3 times the advertising profits of other services. No wonder they developed this CRAP! NEVER AGAIN.

In the future, when word gets out, they'll crash and go bankrupt then no support for these devices. I should have researched this deeper before buying the cheap crap!

#1952886

Same thing-it shouldn’t be this hard! Hours later nothing - product sucks Hey Roku engineers KISS 1- create account 2-Plug it in 3 click agree

#1951174

It's pretty apparent that roku is junk so simply don't buy the garbage

#1941081

Roku is a bunch of *** Cannot watch any live tv unless you have TV provider for every channel. We drop dish because of cost and now we find out through Roku you still need a provider or you're screwed.

#1938969

I got screwed on Roku, keeps on buffering, support team won't help no more

#1920367

Bought a new ROKU Ultra. Spent hours trying to set it up.

nothing worked.

BTW, I'm an electrical engineer. Product is crap.

#1918364

Oh now they are blaming their inability to answer the phones on COVID. I'm gonna get my money because I've either been hacked or they are opening up Hulu, Boomerang, HBO and Disney channels on my account when all I had was ESPN+. If the bank has to go after them, then Oh Well!

#1918361

I bougjht a roku tv and it won't connect to anything. Never agaim..

#1905950

What’s to comment!? ROKU support does suck.

#1901198

Roku is horrible you can’t even reach them by phone & they continue to bill me every month for $6.26

Roku Reviews