Style and Design
Usability

I never complain on websites like these but I am FURIOUS at the moment!!! Bought a Roku Streaming Stick Plus, but everything on Roku said cannot commect due to HDCP!

WTF?! My tv is brand new. I spent hours unplugging and restarting the crap. Then sat on the phone with their “customer service” which is obviously some idiot in a foreign country who was raised by a mountain goat.

I got so frustrated I returned it and bought the downgraded version assuming the issue might be my tv. I downgraded to the regular hd Roku Streaming Stick... SAME PROBLEM!!! Actually worse because install took forever, had to reset the device multiple times...

STILL DOESN’T WORK. I have a masters degree in computer sciences... IF I CAN’T GET THIS TO WORK THERE IS A PROBLEM. DO NOT BUY ROKU!!!!

I REPEAT DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS HORRIBLE CRAP. BAD PRODUCT, BUGGY SOFTWARE, USELESS CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Roku Streaming Stick.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

LOL Masters degree??!! While I do agree the Roku sucks.

For sure the handshaking problems are A.

with your HDMI cables or B you're using an input on your TV that doesn't support it. It may have 4 HDMI's but I promise you only 1 or 2 can do HD60 or HDR.

#1621937

Scammmm!!! Do Not Buy ROKU !!!

#1621908

Agree customer services suck they just hang up the phone on us when ask them a simple ? DO NOT BUY !!!

I agree. Awful

#1620959

Roku movies don’t download or play

#1620447

I don't like ROKU either. Mainly because of the logically retarded menus.

Millennial engineering without a doubt.

As far as the the Computer Scientist with the masters degree, he sounds typical of these collegiate *** DHCP is the auto IP addressing on your wireless router. You sound like the trailer-trash *** that get pissed off because their magic-jack doesn't work without internet access.

#1619412

OMG . You have a masters degree in computer science and can’t set up a Roku ? Get the neighborhood 10 year old kid to come in and do it for you .

How conceited are you? The fact that you have a Master’s degree in Computer Science does not qualify you to be an expert end-user in that particular application.

Did you program the software?

Do you fully understand electronics? I agree that the Roku interface is *** but I just loathe people like you with your linear and tunnel vision personality!

Bought a Vizio 55" and a Roku Streaming Stick. Both worked flawlessly....

in Ohio. When I moved this week to Raleigh, North Carolina, nothing. At first it couldn't get past the home screen with all the channels and kept saying that the channels' servers were down. All 98 of them???

I went through ALL the steps of restarting, resetting to factory specs, restarting the routers and TV and everything else... and it gets stuck on the software update with the error code of 003. Wasted an hour with tech support chatline and was told to reset the router. When I did and came back, "Grey" was gone.

"Karthi" took over 30 minutes later and told me to "wait two hours and try again. Our engineers are aware of the issues. Please wait two hours and try again." This is Friday night and I've been having this issue since Tuesday evening. Called tech support and got Firestone Autocare, who said he's been getting calls all day for Roku.

Found another number and got a muffled Foreigner.

Hung up and tried again and was told to leave a message because they are experiencing an "unusually high call volume." Really? Maybe I'll go with Amazon.

Agreed. The HDCP issues have been a disaster for a long time.

Their favorite suggestion is to buy a new HDMI cable. Ignoring the fact that you have a brand new HDMI cable. I have 2 Roku's.

One is completely unusable, and the other one is temperamental. I love online streaming services, but the Roku is not the device you want to use for accessing them.

yes i too brought a roku tv thinking it would a lease have one good app to watch movies but no !! many movie apps, which all comes with adds 1 to 3 adds really sucks and if you call customer service they don't help

ROKU PRAYS ON THE POOR AND SENDS US CRAP THAT NEVER WORKS!!! I HATE ROKU!!!

bobs2015
to roku sux #1620510

For which religion is Roki "praying" on the poor? Hopefully, in one that we would recognize and approve of.

Totally sucks...never again

I bought roku but poor support and many review were biased by some reason. I trashed the device

bought the top of the line ,they wanted $200.00 to fix the networksent it back to hsn.......junk ,rip off, .........save your money

to big bob #1535662

I totally agree. I've got 4 of theses crap sticks. Never work hardly ever.