I was setting up My Roku account when I had to leave it unfinished because I had to get a credit card. The next day I turned on My TV to finish and Roku technical support was on .

Jerry Maxwell at 844-822-0869 charged Me $99.99 for setting up My account when I didn`t need any help , all I wanted to do was add My credit card number and finish setting up the account. I suspected it was a scam and called Him a week ago and He said He would reimburse Me My money. I didn`t get it yet so today I called Him and He said it would take another week.

I have since closed My account and will not reopen it until I get My money back. If I don`t get My money back I am returning the Roku!

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Oct 29.

Comments

h.kitchener

Something is wrong with this picture. There is no way, if you had your Roku machine that anyone with Roku would be charging you money---you already paid them for the machine, which is but a conduit to various video streaming applications.

When you set up your Roku you can use a credit card, Paypal or if you have neither, can call a number to set it up but even then there is no charge unless you watch some of the pay for view programs, etc., none of which costs $99.

The number you provided is that of a company called "secure proceeds support" and indeed, does provide help in setting up various video streaming applications but at a price. In other words, you somehow contacted a company that scammed you, not Roku.